Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm Allison, and I'm (close to being) addicted to Diet Coke.

On Saturday we had a conference with a bunch of the missionaries. I had barely slept the night before due to a nasty cough, (and missionaries are just pretty tired in general), so on our way to the conference, we made a quick stop to the local gas station to grab a few caffeinated beverages. A few swigs and I was ready to go!

I had my Diet Coke tucked away for the entire conference, but quietly slipped it out before we got back in the car to go home. As I was in the corner taking a sip, I hear Elder Boy in the background: "I thought Mormons weren't allowed to drink Coke!" Bless his meddling heart.



Note: Elder Boy is a fellow missionary, and I'm pretty sure he also drinks Coke on occassion. But he had a point, some people don't know exactly what the health code is for Latter-day Saints. Some Latter-day Saints aren't even sure for themselves what the exact rules are. Caffeine? Chocolate? Meat? Sweet Tea? Tobacco?

Find out for yourself! Check out my series of posts on the Word of Wisdom on the We Are Women Blog! (The first one is here, the whole series is found here).