Tuesday, December 27, 2011

my brothers

My brother Gary is my best friend. He is an artist, like me! (Except we work in different varied genres, which is fun). We are both musicians. We are only 18 months apart in age, which used to cause contention, but now is a priceless gift. My brother has been there when no one else could have been. I have called him in a panic, and he has known how to calm me down. He has come to my room in the middle of the night to check my pulse for me when I thought I was having a heart attack (I know, I know. I'm paranoid). He is my best friend, and I love him.

Now that I'm on a mission, I'm blessed to have not only 1 brother, but over 100 brothers, and I call them "elders"! I'm closer to some than others, some I haven't even officially met, but I know that any of them would serve me, or anyone, in a seconds notice. (Take note: if you need someone to serve you, call the missionaries! Serving is their full-time job for 2 years!) They are faithful sons of God, who use their priesthood righteously, and I am so grateful.

There are a couple in particular who have been a support to me when I could barely support myself. These young men have been physically, as well as spiritually tested beside me, and keep holding strong. They work with me, they learn with me, sometimes they sing with me. They are my brothers-away-from-home.

In a little while, I'll return to my dear biological brother, but I'll always be grateful for the elders who took my brother's place for just a little while.